In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy
- Breeds of Dogs A quick reference guide to many breeds of dogs, including photos and brief descriptions of each breed's characteristics.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement
We have all experienced the pain of losing a pet. The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement has set up this site for support during this most difficult time. You will find inspirational stories, grief counseling resources, hotline number and many other resources.
- National Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Plants Toxic to Animals, Introduction -- Vet Med Library, UIUC
A lot of information about toxic plants can be found here. You can search under common name or scientific name of the plant.
- The Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA)
The Cat Fanciers' Association website has lots of pictures, as well as information on cat breeds, cat care, upcoming cat shows, and much more.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Advantage Flea Control
This site is sponsored by Bayer Animal Health, the makers of new K9 Advantix for dogs and Advantage flea control for dogs and cats. It is loaded with information about fleas and flea control.
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health
- Veterinary Information NetworkVIN is the world's first and largest online veterinary
Pet Health Information:
American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
24 HOUR Emergency Hotline for Poison Contol
American Animal Hospital Association's site for consumers.
You can search the site for excellent pet care information.
Do you have questions about animal health, medications, therapies, surgery, behavior, or safety? We recommend you visit this site to learn more about a health issue concerning your pet. VeterinaryPartner.com is here to support your veterinarian and you in the care of your companion animals by providing reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world's first and largest online veterinary database and community.
Cornell Feline Health Center
The Feline Health Center is a veterinary medical specialty center devoted to improving the health and well-being of cats everywhere by:
Finding ways of preventing and curing diseases of cats by conducting and sponsoring breakthrough feline health studies.
Educating veterinarians and cat owners about feline health by providing timely medical information and by promoting public understanding and awareness of feline issues.
Aiding veterinarians when new or unknown feline diseases occur and more.
Your pets teeth may need cleaning.
Pictures of various stages of Periodontal disease in dogs.
This web site contains links/references to third-party web sites. Links to other web sites are provided to our web site users merely for the sake of convenience.
ARKANSAS LANE ANIMAL HOSPITAL does not accept any responsibility for the availability, usability or any liability for damage or injury resulting from the use of such contents, of whatever form.